Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 4th, The Water Slide, & The Progress

It seems I can't post unless I have pictures. I don't know - I just love looking at pictures on other blogs so I hope everyone likes looking at mine. I will have to work at having a non-picture post. Anyway, I ended up spending the arm & leg on a great water slide for the kids. We received our government stimulus check and I just felt like I should spend some of it on the kiddos. Plus, I did my part in stimulating the economy, right? I must say it is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made. It came in at our local Wal-mart on Thursaday the 3rd so I took it out to Mom & Dad's and left it there for my Dad to set up (he is so good at that stuff) since we would be back there on the 4th to celebrate with the family. I also picked up Elli Kate to spend the night since Penni & Todd & Hayden were still on their trip. Savanna, Shane, & Elli Kate played all day on the 4th until we left for Mom & Dad's. We cooked hot dogs, watched the kids slide on the slide, made smores, ate watermelon, and then later popped fireworks.




All the girls getting their sparlers lit.


Savanna Jo waving that sparkler.


Shane wasn't to sure about his sparkler so he was trying to give it back to me.


Watching the fireworks show.

Elli Kate

Avery

Ashlyn


On Saturday, I was so proud of myself .... I set up the water slide all by myself at our house. It was really pretty easy. We invited Rody over and they spent the whole afternoon on the water slide. Later that evening, Jody and I went to a beautiful wedding of a friend while Sherry and Gene (our good friends) kept Savanna and Shane. We later met up with them and the kids at Lake Cypress for their wonderful fireworks show. I had a video of it, but can't get it to download.





Our house and yard are always such a work in progress. A little history - Before we got married, Jody bought our house in bad shape and had to do a lot of work to it. Then we added a metal roof, back porch and carport. Next came the addition of our bedroom, bathroom, and office with the arrival of Shane. Jody and I have always had plans and visions of how we want our place to be but for me I always get impatient and want it to instantly be the way we want it. But Jody has a way of balancing and calming me down and saying that it will all come together one project at a time. Well, our backyard is finally coming together. They have been working so hard this summer to get in a playground for the kids and a backyard fence put up.


This is the slide that Jody bought at an auction LAST year. It came with two swings that are going up beside it.



And this is the beginning of the fence.


5 comments:

Shelley said...

I LOVE pictures, too! Looks like lots of fun on the 4th. We had a great time, too but I forgot my camera :( The backyard is looking good!!!

Allison said...

I love your new slide! Wow, that looks like A LOT of fun!!!

I too, will never post unless I have pictures to show. It's my motivation!!

Your backyard looks great. Your fence is so nice too!! I'm like you, I hate one project at a time. I think Matt is a like Jody! We take our time on things. Then once it's all finished, I'm sure I'll be ready for another change!!

Jill said...

Wow... kiddie pools have come a long way. Remember when we were kids... the best thing available was the slip-n-slide? I was never good at it, it kinda hurt to throw your body on a rubber mat in the grass!

I agree with you on post with pictures. I love seeing photos, keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

Can I come over and play on the slide? LOL

Wish we had one of those when I was small. Our fun in the sun was spent in the water tank that we used for the horses.

I like your new fence. I know you will be proud of it.

AMY said...

You are going to have every kid in sight wanting a play date at your house...in fact, what is the weight limit...I might even want to come! That slide looks like so much fun.

Oh, I can relate to the patience with one project at a time! It does wear you out but so good when you are not swallowed in debt.

Thanks for the update. We will be home this weekend so we will be in BF class. The summer time makes me lose touch with everyone when we travel so much in the summer.