This past weekend we were home only to sleep in our beds. It was one of those weekends where it seems to fly by because you are out busy doing stuff. Anyway, Jody left for a show in Ft. Worth on Thursday and Ashlyn came to stay with us Friday and Saturday night because Pam & Randal went out of town. Mom & Dad kept Anna and Avery. Well, Saturday morning we all got up and got ready for Savanna's soccer game at 9am. It was very hectic trying to get all three ready without Jody there to help out, but we made it. Next, we drove to Sulphur Springs to Mom & Dad's, had lunch, then on to Leonard to see Hayden play football which got started later than scheduled. We went back to Mom & Dad's to eat supper and hang out a little while all the kids played. On the way home, I needed to stop for gas so I stopped at Wal-mart to wait in line for $1.949 a gallon gas. It only took $27 to fill up!! I just couldn't believe it - I never imagined that it would go that low again. After waiting for gas and driving home, we pulled into the drive at 9pm and when I turned around all three kiddos were asleep. Needless to say, they didn't get a bath so we had to wake up early Sunday for that and then get ready for bible class and church. Of course, we were late, but I'm just glad we made it. We sat on the back row for church and left a little early because I had to drive back to Sulphur Springs and meet up with Mom & Dad, Randal's parents, and Penni (Todd was out of town too) at Pizza Inn and drop off Ashlyn to Randal's parents because Pam & Randal wouldn't be back until Monday afternoon and Ashlyn had school. (Is anyone lost yet? - I am) Randal's mom (Katie) had promised to take the girls to see High School Musical 3 so my daughter has to throw a fit to go see it too. Katie was so sweet and said that Savanna was no problem and she was more than welcome to go. So, (take a breath) Shane and I left for a wedding shower in Mt. Vernon @ 2pm and had a great time seeing everyone there. We then left from there around 3pm and drove back to Sulphur Springs to pick up Savanna (good thing I only paid $1.94 a gallon for my gas - haha) . But wait, we still had one more stop. At the shower, Granny had asked that we stop by and visit Uncle Royce (her brother) and her Aunt Maud in the assisted living home in Mt. Vernon. I am so glad we did - they were happy to see the kids. I plan on stopping in more often. On this day, we pulled into the drive at around 5pm. After that, I tried to pick up the house, get some laundry done, kids fed, bathed and put to bed. And then I fell asleep waiting for Jody to come in from Ft. Worth (which was at midnight). What a whirlwind of a weekend! I am hoping for a more calmer, stay at home weekend this week - probably won't happen.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
1.94???????? THATS AMAZING!!!! The last time I saw it in the dollars I was at ACU. We filled up in Abilene for 2.14 and I nearly got out and took pictures.
That weekend made me tired....but at least you were busy. I hate loooong weekends when Matt is away.
Hey Amy~
I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on your blog. I love your new Halloween look.
OH MY LANTA, Girl~ you had a crazy busy weekend. I'm glad you made it and hoping you get to rest next weekend.
Jill
You were busy. It was good seeing you at the shower. Shane is just getting cuter!
Post a Comment