
I can NOT believe by baby boy will be 3 tomorrow. And this horrible mom is going to be out of town on the day we were blessed with him, but my other kid (Jody) needs me more and I guess we can always celebrate later - or that's what I keep telling myself to make me feel better. The other day, I was thinking about when I was expecting him and how we had scheduled my C-section on a day when Jody would be in Denver. He flew back early, of course, and I can vividly picture my Dad and me (this huge whale) waiting for him at the airport and how my heart skipped when I saw Jody come around the corner through the doors. Neither one of us really realizing how God would bless us with the life miracle of our son the next afternoon.
Shane is such a light to our lives! There is so much I could list about my precious baby but here are three things in honor of his 3 years:
1) He is so loving, always giving hugs and smiling. But what really cracks Jody and me up is when he will hear the tone of our voice get irritated or if we are getting on to him he will say "Love you, Momma" or "Love you, Daddy" right in the middle of our talking or frustration and will NOT stop saying it until he has been acknowledged "Yes, I love you, too". It sure makes it hard to keep a straight face when we are trying to discipline him. I really think he picked it up from Jody, because I caught Jody doing it to me when I was griping at him the other day, ha.
2) He is SO independent! We are finally getting the potty training thing almost down. This past week he has done so well, but he wants to do everything himself and he wants you to shut the door and leave him alone. Usually, I don't give in to this request but this morning I did and I went in to find poo on his elbow (how in the world did it get only there I will never know) Oh, the joys of potty training. But just about in everything, you can hear him say "I do it."
3) Finally, he continues to be all boy! This past weekend we were outside our tack office pricing products and getting ready for Jody to leave and some of our friends stopped by. They had this huge mule on their trailer and of course Shane wanted to ride (see picture above). Later, Jody and I were talking about Shane and Jody commented that he was surprised that Shane just didn't bale off when he was through riding him because that is what he does with the ponies we have. But with them, you don't have far to fall. He has no fear and is always jumping off of something (i.e. steps, beds, couches, hay, & ponies). Savanna would NEVER have done those things, so we have finally concluded that girls and boys are totally different - aren't we smart.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
My Baby Is Three!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He is sooo cute! (well both of your kids are)...Hopefully someday I'll get to meet him! Maybe Valeries wedding!!! Happy 3rd Birthday Shane!
Happy Birthday Shane!
Michael talks about Shane all the time...he always says "Jody and Amy have the cutest little boy".
You know that I love you all very much! Happy Birthday Shane! I feel like they are kin to me I have watched them both grow up, but it seems that time is going by so fast now, Savanna was not potty trained when I got to know her! I know that the adventure with them is only beginning! Love ya
Sherry
Happy Birthday, Shane!
Happy Birthday, Shane!
Post a Comment