Thursday, September 24, 2009

Days Go By!

Jody and I were talking the other day about how time just seems to slip by so fast. For us, the months go by like weeks. In a nutshell.... we put on another horse sale in July / went to a ranch rodeo in Witchita Falls, celebrated Savanna's birthday, and started school in August / sold tack and saddles at the horse sale in Lufkin, started soccer practice, and are getting prepared for our fall horse sale in September. I have some pictures of these events to share.


Ok, first I have to say that these are not their hats. As I said we went to a ranch rodeo in Witchita Falls and on Saturday morning they had some of the neatest activities for the kids to do. They gave away hats to every child and these were the hats that were given - Jody was not a big fan of the shape of these hats. Anyway, one of the activities was making your own rope so below is a picture of them twisting and twisting the string to make their ropes - it was very interesting to see how it's done.




Next, we stood in line forever for them to ride the bull. They loved it, but Savanna wanted to make sure that I told the operator of the bull that she did NOT want to get bucked off.




There was a petting zoo but we skipped it to stand in line for our free hot dog.
Then I signed them up for the stick horse rodeo. They were fast but not fast enough, but they were so darn cute trying.






Gramps and MiMi were able to come in on Saturday and watch the rodeo with us that night.



Our setup at the trade show.


The weekend before school we celebrated Savanna's bithday (8-22-02). I cannot believe my baby girl is 7. I feel so blessed to have this sweet, but bossy, little lady to raise. Words canNOT express the love that I have for her. I was sitting in my office the other day at home and I have this shelf that is stacked with photo envelopes that I have not put away into photo boxes or albums yet (why o why can't I get organized) and I started going through them. They were of past vacations, birthday parties, and of our life in general. I don't know if I was hormonal or what but I just couldn't help myself - I cried and cried and cried. I don't get emotional very often but actually seeing how my kids have grown and changed just got to me. Anyway, we had a great time at the party and then we went bowling and played laser tag.




First day of school - Savanna went with the Tinker Bell backpack. I feel it was in honor of our Disney vacation.



She has Mrs. Bolin this year who is so great! After the first week of school, Savanna came home and announced that she had decided what she wants to be when she grows up - a teacher! I think Mrs. Bolin has had an influence.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always yall are busy busy! I too get emotional when looking at Dailee's pictures and the sad thing is that she is only 6 months. LOL :)

Have a wonderful weekend.

BJ Gates said...

I'm the same way with photos...and everytime I drive by the hospital where they were born(which isn't often!)I break down and cry...don't know why! Glad to have met up with you on here too! I'm behind a bit on my post!