Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Past

I was reading my friend, Shelley Smith Wolfe's, blog entry for today and she was writing that the first date for she and her husband was on Valentine's Day 14 years ago and it got me to thinking (oh no) about the first valentine's that Jody and I had together, so I thought I would post some history that I (or my kids) could look back on and read about. Anyway, Jody and I had met on New Year's Eve while I was back at home for the holidays from ACU. This sounds corny, but we had an instant connection and kept a long distance relationship until I graduated the following May. But in February our relationship was new and just getting started, so it was pretty nerve racking trying to think of something to send him without it being too sappy or over the top. I sent him a sweet card and a box filled with tissue papper, confetti, and different kinds of valentine candy. Now to Jody - he is a great guy, but not too creative when it comes to gift giving which is fine with me because I am pretty low maintenance. Anyway, when I think back on this I just have to laugh because he was pretty creative with his gift. He sent an envelope which inside had your typical heart shaped box of candy and a valentine card in which he wrote something about sending me a dozen roses on the envelope. And when I turned the yellow padded envelope back over, there in the corner he had placed 12 stamps that had a picture of one rose on each stamp - (Ahhhh). It was sweet, a little corny, but sweet. Well, that is our Valentine's Past - I can't remember the other Valentine's we have shared, but I will always remember our first.

2 comments:

Hot Rod said...

oh so cute and sweet and precious and lovely and darling....

Shelley said...

That is so CUTE!!!