Thursday, February 21, 2008

Worries and Thoughts

I received a 24 hour bug on Sunday night which caused me to miss work Monday and ever since I have been trying to catch up at work and at house work (which I never catch up on). I don't have much to say so I may just ramble a bit with things that have been on my mind.

Thank goodness the kids or Jody have not caught what I had. The kids are doing great. I missed open house at Savanna's school on Monday night but Jody went and said the teacher told him that Savanna is doing very well academically and socially. We (more so me) have struggled with wheather to hold Savanna back. She won't be 6 until August 22 and is the youngest in her kindergarten class. I have asked family and friends their opinions as to if I should hold her back and repeat kindergarten, but everyone has such different views which confuses me even more. I keep praying for God to show me the right decision, but I still struggle with making the right choice for Savanna. Of course, I just want the best for her. This worry comes in cycles. I will dwell on it awhile and then some other worry will occupy my mind until it rolls around again which will definately be this summer before school starts when I will probably be put in the hospital from the stress of trying to decide my little girl's future (just kidding, but seriously, it is a decision that stresses me out).

Anyway, on to Shane. He finally quit taking his shoes off in the car everytime we went somewhere after I beat him within an inch of his life (again, just kidding). He is definately all boy. I catch him on top of the table, standing in the chair that he has pulled over to the candy bowl, in the refrigerator, jumping on the bed. He is also going to eat us out of house and home. He is just getting so big. But he is so much fun and his smile and laugh is so contagious. He loves wearing his boots. And he has now started wanting to use the potty, which consists of sitting there for about 3 seconds, tearing off a piece of toilet paper, throwing it in, and then flushing, followed by a laugh and clapping. He truly believes he has used the potty. I have just been letting him do this because I really hate to discourage him when he does have the concept down.

Well, that's my thoughts for today.

3 comments:

Hot Rod said...

hey amy, sorry you were sick. it's awful when the mom is sick because for some reason the men cannot function when mama is down. also, you know what i think about the school situation, right? just checking. bye girlfriend!!!!

Shelley said...

My Abbey Grace's birthday is August 23... and we held her back. Not saying that your should, but it was the best decision for us and her. She is now guaranteed to be in our home one year longer, have one more year of maturity when she hits ACU, and is at the top her of her class. Just my thoughts... Keep praying... Glad you are feeling better...

Jill said...

My Presley will be 6 on Aug. 21st & we held her back. She will start Kindergarten as the oldest instead of the youngest, which is a huge benefit to the child. I taught Kindergarten for 5 years before staying home & think little kids should just get to be little kids as long as possible! The pressure is more intense with each grade at school. It was hard not sending her last fall because she REALLY wanted to go, but it was best for her. Anyway, hope this helps!