Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Growing up

Last week seemed to drag on and on for me but this week has gone so much faster - maybe it's the time change and sunshine. Well, last weekend we went to watch Pam's (my sister) girls play basketball and cheer one last time until next year. Avery and Ashlyn played basketball and Anna cheered. They all did so well. You know, I get so wrapped up in my kids and the events and happenings with us that I forget how much my nieces and nephews are growing up. They are becoming such great little people. I really want to take the time and get to know them each individually but it seems as though every time we get together the kids want to play with each other and the adults want to catch up on adult talk. They all call me Tia (spanish for Aunt) because Aunt Amy sounds weird to me and I sometimes wonder what they think of their Tia. I hope they don't look at me as the Tia who doesn't have time to visit or then again maybe I am prematurely worrying about it because we have plenty of time to develop a relationship together. Well, I didn't mean to get so deep. I just wanted to say that they are all growing up so fast and will probably be graduating high school before I know it.

Anna cheering. So cute!

Mom/Gran with Elli Kate, Savanna, & friends watching the game.

Avery running down the court. #11

Avery & Ashlyn getting some refreshment after the game.
(Hayden in the background)



Aunt Penni with Shane. Love your new glasses, Penni!!


1 comment:

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Hi Amy, Sorry I am just now getting back to you, but I am so glad you found my blog. It is great to be in touch. Your kids are cute and I love Shane's curls. I will enjoy sharing with you. Love, Kaylee