Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Big Boy

Shane is becoming a big boy.

First, this weekend we finally took down his crib and put in a toddler bed that a friend gave me (thanks, Carrie!). Shane absolutely loves it. Which I am so glad. I really feared that he would always be getting up and coming into our room, but he hasn't! He had learned how to crawl out of his crib and one day I caught him doing it - he would just fall out and I was sure that he had broken his ankle or something - he didn't cry but the way he did it, I knew it was time to make a change.

Next, yesterday I took him to Aunt Penni and had his hair cut, not trimmed, but cut. I think everyone thinks I am crazy for doing this because his curls were so cute but let me explain - Shane is VERY hot natured. Even as a baby he always kicked the blankets off and he has never slept with covers on. In the mornings when I wake him up, he is sweating and with warmer weather coming, I wanted him to be cooler. Anyway, I keep telling everyone that it can always grow back out. I just hope the curl comes back when it grows out.

Finally, he is really starting to use his words and communicating really well. I am so trying to soak it all in because I have a hard time remembering what it was like with Savanna - wish I would have discovered the ease of blogging a long time ago.


The new bed!


Before.....

Before.....


After! He was so good and still!!


The remains. bye bye curls :(


the Big Sister and the Big Boy

3 comments:

Hot Rod said...

He looks so grown up. Walker always looks that way when we get his hair cut. Remember, it will grow back.

Shelley said...

OH MY! He looks so grown up! How cute... I hope yall are able to go to Abilene this year. I would love to see you.

Anonymous said...

I hope you kept a curl or too! They grow up too fast!