July continued..... On the 16th, Jody went out of town for a sale so we spent the weekend with Mom & Dad. On Friday, Aunt Debbie (my dad's sister) and Uncle Richard came for our annual Anderson family reunion. It was her birthday that day, so we all celebrated with her.
Before their arrival on Friday, Mom & Dad's neighbors had a couple of new baby donkeys, so we went down to see them.

My grandfather (my dad's dad) was one of 13 children (10 boys & 3 girls) The ones seated are the only ones left. Uncle Kenneth, Aunt Dorothy, Uncle Arlon, Uncle Avon.
Todd and Penni catered our lunch. Todd is so talented - he loves to cook and really needs to open his own restaurant. He fixed brisket & sausage with all the trimmings. Everyone else brought desserts. It was so good!
The picture above shows all the first generation cousins and the picture below shows all the second generation cousins. Since the original 13 where so spread out in age (my dad actually played more with his uncles) we are natually all spread out in ages. I remember going to these when I was younger and there was always so many people there, but over time it seems as though the numbers in attendance keep decreasing. I find it sad, but in a way I can understand - there is just so much distance between everyone and it's hard to keep up the tradition, but as long as it keeps going, I will be there.

3 comments:
I like attending Family Reunions. I think that the Hare's need to have one. It has been a LONG time since we all got together. A lot has changed over the years. I find it sas too that the numbers keep decreasing.
How fun! I am so glad you are catching us all up on your summer events! Keep the posts coming :)
Fun! I love catching up with family I haven't seen in a long time.
I'm working in California today and someone ask me if I had ever milked a cow. I thought about the time I was at your parent's house and I missed my chance. I was so scared the cow would kick me. I wish I would've done it now. :) That was a fun weekend!
I tagged you on my blog.
Post a Comment