I really meant to post yesterday and wish my wonderful mom a happy birthday!!!! I shouldn't reveal her age but .... I will be 34 this year and she was 35 when she had me. Ha ha. She is truly a great mother! She was a stay at home mom for me and my two older sisters, and I never really understood ALL that she did for us until I had kids of my own. I guess growing up you could say we were spoiled by our wonderful mother. I remember getting up in the mornings before school and sitting down to prepared breakfasts and then coming home to wonderful suppers where we all sat at the table together. My bed would be made, my room cleaned, my laundry done and put away, and the house was spotless. At school when the teachers would ask what you wanted to be when you grow up, I would always say "a housewife". I wanted to be and do exactly what my mom did (I still do, but this day and age it seems so hard to make ends meet). She worked and still works today to make her house a home. I love walking into that house and it will always be home to me. Besides making a wonderful home, more importantly she has guided our family spiritually throughout the years. Growing up, we never missed a church service. I truly feel it planted the seed for me to grow and want to know my Lord and understand what He did for us all; and to now be that example and plant that seed in my children. As we all know, there are always going to be disagreements within a family and we have had our share, but we have always come through just fine knowing that our love for one another is so strong. Thanks mom for ALL that you do - the nuturing, guidance, support, and especially the unconditional love means so much. I hope you had a GREAT birthday yesterday! I love you.
Now I want to wish DeAnna an early happy birthday!! Her birthday is tomorrow. She and Jody were born exactly 2 years and 10 days apart from one another. My kids call her Aunt Dee and she is a wonderful aunt to them. We have a great deal with each other in that I will take Rody to school in the mornings on my way to work and she will pick up Savanna for me in the afternoons from school. But here is where she gets the raw end of the deal. Jody is usually in the middle of something and can't watch Savanna until I get in from work so Aunt Dee is left to watch her, give her snacks, break up disagreements, pick up after her, etc. I am so grateful for her! She has such a sweet spirit and is a great mother. I hope you have a great day tomorrow!! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:
Amy, what a sweet tribute to your mother. Happy Birthday to everyone.
Oh I hope everyone had a wonderful birthday! So much fun!
Make sure to get plenty of rest this week, I know you all have a busy weekend ahead of you.
Post a Comment