Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sports Saturday

Last Saturday was definately a sports day for those in our family. Gran and Papa will be busy every Saturday by having somewhere to go and watch grandkids play soccer or football. At 9:00, Savanna had her first soccer game and she did so well. I am so proud of her. She has never really showed any interest in playing sports so when she said that she wanted to play soccer this year, we signed her up. She is really enjoying it and having a blast. Her coach is so great and encouraging. He just wants them to have fun because they are only this age once.


Team meeting before the game - aren't they so cute. Savanna is #2.



Team picture - Notice that Savanna is the tallest on the team - gotta love those genetics.

After Savanna's game, we rushed and drove 25 minutes to see Anna and Avery play soccer. They have really grown and improved since last year. We found a nice shady spot and really enjoyed watching their game.

Anna is the blue one on the left waiting for the ball to be kicked in so she can take it to their goal.

With all the traveling and watching, Shane did great. He never got fussy or complained.


At one point, Avery was one of the guards out in front of the goal and she was so aggressive by kicking the ball away when it came close. They both did great.

After Anna and Avery's game, we rushed to get a bite to eat then all drove another 20 minutes to Hayden's football game. When I first heard that he was playing tackle football, I was really worried about him getting hurt. But after seeing our genetics coming into play again, I don't really see that I have anything to worry about. If anything, I think I should worry about him hurting the other team.

Hayden is definately the biggest and tallest on the team. Can you spot him? He's #10.


Halftime - he was so hot. I don't see how they stand it with those helmets on. He did so well and really enjoys playing.

I look forward to watching all my nieces and nephews playing or doing what they love throughout the years. By the way, we were winners in all three games. yeah! It was a great Saturday of sports.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are busy busy bees. Tell Miss Savanna congrats on her win!

I hope this weekend goes well for yall.

AMY said...

It is so cute to see them playing so hard! It is nice to see your extended family so involved in the kids activities. I wish my family was closer sometimes so the kids could enjoy that closeness.

Thanks for your encouragement with Andrew and his tough transition. I made sure to be more consistant with your advice and it has helped. God is so faithful! Each day is getting better. We have our moments, but what can I say...the boy loves his Mama! :-)

AMY said...

Well, you see what my boys consider interesting blog material! I'm glad you enjoyed our pumpkin display.