I have some catching up to do. Let's see - on Halloween I was able to get off a little early and rush home to get Shane ready to be a spider. And thanks to Aunt Dee for getting Savanna ready to be Hannah Montana. Then we were off - everything after that seems to be a blurr. Grandma had called during the week and wanted the kids to come trick or treating at her house, but informed us that her door would be locked at 7 o'clock sharp. So Jody, me and Shane met DeAnna, Rody, BreAnna, and Savanna at Grandma's right after I got Shane ready. But first, I had to get some pictures of him in his cute costume. He loved all the arms he had. Before this people would ask what he was going to be for Halloween and he would say "Spiderman". I don't think he knew the difference because he was so excited.

At Grandma's, I had to get a picture of the 4 cousins. Aren't they so cute? Rody was a knight and BreAnna was Snow White.


After Grandma's, we rush to see Granny up on the square in Mt. Vernon. It's a ten minute drive and Savanna fell asleep on the way. She was already worn out and we had barely gotten started. Granny is involved with the Genealogy Society located there and all the businesses on the square were passing out candy to all the kiddos.
We probably would have stayed there in Mt. Vernon this year but Pam and Randal were having their last Halloween party in Sulphur Springs. Pam has started a new job in McKinney and they will be moving there soon. I am so sad :( but trying to stay positive - I know we will still get to see them often. We had a good time at the party even though we were a little late. We had hot dogs and it was hard getting the kids to eat because they wanted to join in on the games and play. They did the limbo and had a pinata. After that, we trick or treated in the neighborhood behind them. This was the first year that Shane could really keep up and participate. He was so funny. He ran everywhere and never slowed down or got tired. On the way home, we stopped at some neighbors who still had their porch lights on around our neck of the woods. Once we got home, it was hard to get the kids to bed - they were so wired.




BreAnna with her Daddy.
On Sunday we went over to Mom and Dad's and got together with all the fam to celebrate adult birthdays. In the past, we would get together pretty regular and celebrate them, but with every one's schedules it has been pretty hard. So we celebrated Mom's (9-25), Jody's (9-17), Randall's (9-11), Todd's (10-15), and Penni's (11-2). We had taco soup, mexican corn bread and a great homemade cake all made by Mom (she's the best).

On the way home from Mom and Dad's, Savanna got her hands on my camera and got snap happy and I decided to just let her go with it since we now live in a digital age and I could just simply hit delete later. Below are some of the ones she took. She actually takes pictures better than I do.


Savanna and Elli Kate got into some sparkling makeup before we left.



4 comments:
Looks like y'all had a great Halloween! I can see why Shane was so excited about his costume... very cool.
It was good seeing you all at the wedding.
I just love your pictures. Miss Savanna did a wonderful job. :)
I'm glad yall had good Halloween. Love all the new pics. I wish we could have an adult birthday party one day! We went on our first date Saturday since Walker has been born. It was also our first time we got a babysitter. The breathing treatments are over for Walker but now we are starting on Wyatt. I'm really ready for them to be over! Have a good week!
Cute Spooks! What should we have for lunch on Friday? I am looking forward to it!!
Post a Comment