I started this entry last week but got as far as downloading the pictures and then ran out of time. So now I have two weeks of catching up to do and I don't know where to begin. Let's see... why don't I just start at the beginning, duh. Savanna wrapped up soccer on November 22 and she loved playing and can't wait to play next year. She wasn't very aggressive on the field so the coach put her at goalie where she did well and loved it. This last game was the coldest game and the wind made it even worse, but Savanna stuck it out and ended up with chapped cheeks and lips. At the end, the coach passed out these great dog tag necklaces with a soccer ball on them and their name and year engraved on them. He also had cookies made with their team name (Americans) written on them. I truly feel we had the best coach - he was such an encourager and worked so well with all the kids. We presented him with a picture of the team and had the kids sign their names around the matting of the frame so that he would have something to keep and remember them by. It was a good end to a great season. They only lost one game and tied in another.
Savanna trying to stay warm.
Receiving her necklace from the coach. Yeah!

On Sunday, the 23rd, we celebrated Rody's birthday at BK. He invited all the kids from his class at school and they all had a blast playing on the playground. I am so glad the weather was so much warmer than the day before!! I can't believe he is 8 now. I have really gotten to know Rody's personality by taking him to school for the past 2 years, and he is definately all boy. He has the biggest imagination and I always find myself wondering where he comes up with some of his stories. He and Savanna spend a lot of time together, so I occassionally have to break up fights and arguments. They act more like brother and sister than cousins - it's special and I look foward to watching Rody continue to grow and change over the years.




On Tuesday before Thankgiving, Savanna had her class Thanksgiving party at snack time. I love to see all the crafts they make - the Indian hats, pine cone turkeys, bead necklaces, etc.




No comments:
Post a Comment