Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog Neglect

I am so guilty of blog neglect. After Halloween I began to think about Christmas gifts, and buying for Jody has always been a struggle - he is so hard to shop for. Last year I stumbled across a website that would allow you to create a scrapblog. I found it interesting but didn't really dive into learning about it until after Halloween. They had added a new feature in which you could turn your scrapblog into a bound book or calendar. That was the moment I knew what I was going to get Jody for Christmas - he loves looking back at pictures and memories just as much as I do. I had all of my pictures from 2008 organized so I started month by month creating our family album for that year - picking out backgrounds, arranging the photos, and typing in what we did. It was time consuming but I got it done and was so pleased with the final product. And Jody even got emotional looking through it at Christmas. So I plan on doing one every year and would eventually like to go back and scan old pictures to make a scrapbook out of those. My sister has always made scrapbooks using Creative Memories and I was always so jealous of what she created but I just didn't have the time to sit down and physically cut out everything, but with this being computerized, it was right up my alley. Needless to say, I think I've had a good reason for neglecting my blog but now I have a lot of catching up to do. Instead of going into detail about what's been going on with us, I think I will use my pictures to show you what we've been up to. In this post, I will do November and December and do January and February in my next post.

NOVEMBER

Field trip with Savanna's Class




Savanna's socccer season


Lufkin horse sale setup at Thanksgiving


My nephew Rody's birthday party


Savanna and Shane singing in the choir at church



DECEMBER

My 35th birthday at Two Senoritas


Christmas parade


Savanna's Christmas program at school




Savanna's Christmas party at school




Our new cat - Socks


Out driving looking at Christmas lights


Making Christmas cookies for Santa
It snowed on Christmas Eve


Christmas at the Hares





Santa came!!


Christmas with Gran & PawPaw Anderson



Christmas with Grandma Stanley


Christmas with Gramps and MiMi Stanley



My silly Spongebob Boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you updated! And I can't tell the secret because I want that person to tell! :) And it doesn't have to do with Jill.