Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dad's Heart

If anyone knows my dad, they know that he has one of the biggest hearts along with a great sense of humor. But on Friday it was no laughing matter when I received a phone call at work from my sister, Penni, saying that Mom was taking Dad to the ER with chest pains. After all the tests were run, it was discovered that he indeed had a heart attach but no damage was done to his heart. They immediately wanted to do the heart catheterization and look for blockage. They found a 90% blockage along with a 75% blockage. They placed a stint for the 90% and said that he would have to come back in a few weeks to put a stint in for the 75%.

Dad went home on Saturday and is doing great. I am so thankful to God that everything went so smoothly and pray that it will go just as smoothly for the second stint. Please keep him in your prayers.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

We will sure be praying for your Dad!

Jill said...

Amy, I'm so sorry about your dad but so glad he's okay. I remember meeting your dad freshman year and he is so nice. I will definitely keep your dad and your family in my prayers.

AMY said...

Sorry to hear about your dad and glad to hear he is doing better. Thanks for your sweet comment. I am not a decorator either but I like to try...I usually don't succeed, that is why I have to find the stuff at Goodwill. I don't feel to bad when it doesn't work out for $2. ;-)

Kim said...

I'm so sorry, Amy! I hope he's doing well! I've been really behind in my blogging too - so I just saw this update. Keep us posted on him!