Our weekend was pretty uneventful... picking up after kids, laundry, cleaning, picking up after kids, laundry, church, picking up after kids, laundry. But Sunday night we did go over to Jody's Grandma's house. The past few weeks we have been going over there to watch AFV (America's Funniest Videos). We like the show and since we went on a 6 month vacation from Dish Network (I know, I am crazy, even Jody said I was, but I was tired of coming home sitting down in front of the TV and getting nothing accomplished and not spending quality time as a family) Anyway, Grandma has been inviting us over to watch the show with her, and it has been fun and she enjoys getting to see the kids play. Jody is SOOOOOO fortunate to have both of his grandmothers. They are both so sweet!!!! Because Jody is the oldest on both sides of his family, his great-Granddaddy Dean was able to meet and spend time with Savanna until she was about 2. That was her great great grandfather! To me, it was very special, because I am one of the youngest in my family and do not have any grandparents living, but I have adopted Jody's and consider them as my own. Below is a picture of Savanna & Shane with Grandma Helen Stanley.

I flipped over daily inspirational calendar and thought I would add it to this entry. It reads, "Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future."
1 comment:
Way to go being brave and getting rid of the TV. Will would love to do it, but I just cant :) The kids will always remember their time with the great grandmother. How fun... so glad to find you!
Post a Comment