I titled this post "What Weekend?" because I went from my "regular" job on Friday to my "wifes duty" job on Saturday. Besides Jody's passion for having a tack and saddle business, he also has a passion for anything to do with auctions - which means I am the one stuck with doing all the paperwork for these auctions. Anyway, we had another estate auction on Saturday that didn't wrap up until 9:30 pm. We were exhausted and really had every intention of going to church on Sunday, but just couldn't drag ourselves out of bed. When we did wake up, we went back to the auction site to load up the things Jody bought and finish up the paperwork - back home at 6 pm. And now we are getting ready for our big annual spring auction in two weeks. We will sell equipment on one day and horses the next. This time of year, I get so stressed and irritable because of this sale. Everything in our household gets put on hold or interupted - fun time with the kids, housework, Jody coming in late, etc. So... if you see me and I look mad or don't speak, then please forgive me. I have been asking God to give me a little more patience than usual.
4 comments:
Wow, you guys are busy! I hate weekends like that. Even when you love what you do, you got to have a break. I hope you can steal a few moments to relax, even if it is just a bath after the kids go to bed.
I will be praying for you! Lord knows you could use a extra hand. You are a great wife and mother in my eyes though. I don't know how you do it all.
WE all need some patience... You are one busy Momma!!! Hope to see you soon...
Hope life slows down for ya soon!!! LOVE the new look of your blog!!
Post a Comment