Thursday, May 22, 2008

Picture Update

Finally, I am getting around to posting pictures. I wasn't able to get any pictures of the weekend of our auction because I was stuck in the office so these start with our weekend trip to Abilene.

We arrived in Abilene Thursday evening, unhooked the trailer and then went to the downtown area to watch the parade. The kids really enjoyed it. After the parade, we walked around downtown - some of the shops stayed open and they were having a street dance. I was also able to meet up with my Aunt Terry who now lives in Abilene. Uncle Don was working so he couldn't come. It was great to catch up with her as the kids played and danced to the music.


Shane, MiMi, & Savanna waiting for it to start.




Shane LOVES tractors. He pointed at everyone of them in the parade yelling "tractor, tractor...."
This video shows Shane's dancing ability and this awsome group of kids who were playing the violin as they traveled on a wagon. They were SOOOO good and talented!!!!

Budweiser is a sponsor every year so we always love getting to see the clysdales in action. They also perform at the ranch rodeo which is something to see - I don't know how those guys drive such HUGE horses in a small area, but they do.

I couldn't resist getting a picture of them holding hands. They were waiting in line to get a ballon from a woman who was campaigning for City Council. It is a rare sight - they are usually pushing each other to see who will get the balloon first, but Savanna was in a motherly mood trying to help Shane.

And of course the evening wouldn't be complete if I didn't get a picture in front of "Shane's tractor!, tractor!"


On Friday, we got everything set up.



We bought sandwich makings because the consessions can get a little expensive, but we definately had to stop by Chicken Express for some of their sweet tea.


If Shane wasn't in his stroller walking around with MiMi, then he was pushing it everywhere.

Friday night we went to the ranch rodeo and as we were going in, they were preparing the clydesdales for their performance, so of course I had to get more pictures of them. They just fasinate me.



On Saturday, we entered Savanna in one of the kids activities - the stickhorse rodeo. Last year she loved it - she ran the barrels and had a good time, but this year she must have gotten to old to do it. You probably can't see her in the picture below, but this was during the grand entry and when she rounded that corner she had the saddest face ever. We went over to see what was wrong and she said she didn't want to do it, so we pulled her out. Oh well, we paid $5 and got a great goodie bag.



This past weekend we went to the lake with my sisters and their families. Penni & Todd just bought a camper so we invaded their campsite. Pam & Randal brought out their boat and we had a blast. I didn't bring my camera out on the first trip in the boat before lunch so I didn't get any pictures of Savanna tubing. She and Ashlyn tubed together and they were so cute - always giving the thumbs up to go faster and faster. Avery, Anna, & Ashlyn all know how to ski (Anna is the little show off) and I wanted to get Savanna up on the skiis but she just wasn't ready to do that yet - maybe next time.

Lunch time.

Shane just wanted to ride Elli Kate's scooter around





The Three Musketeers

And of course, on the way back Randal showed us his talent - what a show off (now I know where Anna gets it from)


On Sunday while I tried to get some things accomplished around the house, Jody took care of the kids for me. They went and picked up Rody and BreAnna and came back to the house to ride horses and play outside. When I took a break and came outside this is what I found. The pasture behind our house has a very low spot so of course the kids gravitate to it after a rain.


BreAnna did NOT want her picture taken so this was the best one I could get. She is the sweetest and cutest thing.

Rody and Shane are on the same page when it comes to riding their bikes through the mud. Rody had gotten his bike stuck and had to pull it out. Not long after, they were both jumping off the dirt pile in the back into the water. Boy cousins - what fun and stories they are going to have as they grow up together!

The whole crew was eventually all wet at the end of play. In the above picture, Shane had just fallen in and he was explaining to Jody in his "own little language" what happened. We have NO idea what he is saying but we usually just shake our heads and say "Oh yeah. I see. OK."



These next two picture were from yesterday.
I had brought home a load of feed for the store and was helping Jody unload it and the kids always want to ride and hop from stack to stack.

After bathtime, Shane found his boots and sister's sunglass (he was wound up) before I could get his diaper on him, so we put Savanna's hat on and found a pillow to get this picture. He's a hoot!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad u all had a great time in Abiline! I enjoy all the pics of ALL the cuzs what a blast! Time really flies! Have a great day!!

AMY said...

It looks like you all had a great time...great memories for the kids with their cousins!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun! Did Shane get the idea about the boots and sunglasses from you or Jody? LOL

Your kids are sooooo cute!

Jill said...

Cuuute pictures! Looks like y'all been busy with fun events.

Wow~ your sister's twins are so big. They're twins right? I remember her being pregnant with them. I love multiples...Do you watch Jon and Kate Plus Eight?

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.