Friday, August 22, 2008

Savanna Is Six

By this time 6 years ago, God safely brought our precious girl into this world. I can remember everything about that morning. It was a scheduled C-section because she was breached throughout my entire pregnancy. Jody and I were running a little late in getting to the hospital that morning and I was SOOOO nervous. I had no clue what to expect and I remember just holding Jody's hand and us both saying that we can't believe this is happening - our first child and knowing that our lives would never be the same. What a WONDERFUL change to our lives. Savanna Jo Stanley has been one of the best blessings in our lives.

Following is 6 things to know about our Savanna:

1) She loves doing girly things - playing dress up, putting on makeup, playing house with her dolls, etc. And she loves to draw and color.

2) But she also likes being outdoors playing with her kitty and new puppy (which was recently lost but found) and riding her horse.

3) She is a great big sister. There are a lot of times that Shane really gets on her nerves and they fight, but for the most part she acts like a second mother and takes care of him.

4) When it comes to making friends, she is not shy. I sometimes worry that she may run new friends off because she can be pretty bossy and try to show off for them, but she just wants to have fun.

5) She obeys really well. She has her moments, but usually she wants to please us and does as she's told.

6) She has such a sweet and loving spirit. Out of the blue she will come up to me or Jody, give us a big hug and tell us that she loves us. It always makes me smile.

It has been such a joy watching her change and grow. I just wish time would slow down so I can truly soak it all in. Happy Birthday Savanna!!




6 comments:

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday!!! My Abbey's Bday is tomorrow.

Nonnas News said...

Happy Birthday to Savannah from Mt.Vernon!

Blake, Kenzie, Wyatt and Walker said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! I hope she had good. I hope one day I get to have 6th birthday for a girl!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Savanna!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can't believe Savanna is six. Seems like she should still be a baby.

Is she excited about school?

Have a wonderful week.

AMY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SAVANNA! I love this post. Today is Mason's birthday and I have to say...I'm gonna be a copy cat. I LOVE IT!What a great way to commemorate her special day.