Thursday, August 7, 2008

Visit from my BFF

Ok, I promise - this will be my last post to catch up for the month of July. I probably won't write again until September to catch up on what's happened in August, but I am going to try and do better.


On the last day of July my best friend, Shelley, came out with her 3 kiddos, Maddie, Walker, & Arden. She was in town visiting her family and she and her mom, Peggy, came out to let our kids play together. We just had the best time! We cooked hot dogs & hamburgers and I picked up a cake to celebrate her birthday early. It's August 9th. Shelley and I have been friends since the fifth grade, were college roommates, in each others weddings..... so needless to say we have been through a lot together and it is so great to have a friend that I can always pick right back up where I left off. But something about this day just got to me - I didn't get emotional but it made me reflect on a lot of things after they left. Seeing our kids together and the times we would talk about who we would marry, how many kids we wanted and their names, etc. just made me realize how great it was and is to have a friend like Shelley.


Thanks for all the good times, Shelley, and I hope you have a great birthday!


Shelley's mom - Peggy. She is so funny and sweet. I am so glad she could come.


Shelley and her youngest, Arden.


The sliding gang. They all had a great time and we are going to have to get together more often.



Arden-he was the best baby!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy- you are so sweet. I am so glad we are still friends. I had a wonderful time with your family. It's your turn to visit me now.

shelley suzanne

Kim said...

Hi Amy! It looks like you and Shelley had a blast. Great idea on that big slide! Hours of entertainment for the kids.

Just wanted to send you a note and say thanks so much for checking up on Adam. He even commented on how nice you've been!

Hope y'all have a great weekend.