Well, we survived another fall annual auction yet again. It was our 11th one. When Jody and I were looking at the finished product of the horse catalog for the sale and saw the title saying that it was our "11th Annual Fall Horse Sale", I just couldn't believe we had been doing it for that long. We talked about the first one that we had... we weren't married yet and of course I was trying to impress him by taking on the responsibility of the office work that it entailed. But I didn't have one clue on how an auction was put on or how it was run. It was a big learning process and I have since learned it all. There are times I wish I would not have been such the love struck, gung ho girlfriend that wanted to be there for her man like I was. It's stressful and time consuming but after 11 years it seems there is no turning back now.
On Saturday the equipment auction started at 10 am and ended at 8:30 pm. I always mean to bring my camera and try to get some pictures but I seem to have other things on my mind besides taking pictures - maybe next time. On Sunday, the horses sold and they didn't sell as well as the equipment did. It seems the horse market has really been bad the last couple of years. All in all, it was a good weekend and I am so glad it's over (at least until the spring). I plan on sleeping in tomorrow - we'll see.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Survived, Yet Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment