Friday, May 29, 2009

Not A Good Blogger

I have not been a good blogger lately. I haven't read other blogs or worked on mine - so sad. I am going to keep trying to stay updated on a weekly basis, but don't hold me to it. When I get behind I get frustrated with myself and then I go into procrastination mode. I really need to work on not putting things off.

Anyway, here goes with another long update. Every Mother's Day weekend there is a Western Heritage show in Abilene and Jody sets up there. We have gone with him the last couple of years, but this year I thought I would stay behind and celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. The kids and I spent the night with Mom and Dad on Saturday night and then went to church with them. After that, we went out to the Voss' (my sisters in laws) beautiful place for lunch where all the men served the ladies and kids. It was so nice to be waited on.





Gran and Paw Paw with all the grandkids.


After lunch, some of the kids put on a Mother Day's show for us. There was singing, dancing, and poems. We were so entertained!


The kids then hopped on the mule with Mr. Voss and went on a wild ride on their place. When Shane got back, I asked if he had fun and he pointed at Mr. Voss and said, "He's crazy!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that because he IS crazy. ha ha




They must have went through some kind of grass that upset Anna's alergies. I felt so bad for her. Her eyes got so swollen. In the picture above, she looks so much better than when she first got back.


The following weekend, we went with Jody to set up at another horse sale that was a disaster, let me tell ya. It rained just about the whole time we were there. And the picture below was taken at the beginning for sure because by the end of the day both Savanna and Shane had mud up to their knees. Yuck! At least they had fun. And good thing I brought an extra pair of clothes for them.






Savanna's teacher at school sent a note home at the beginning of May and said that they would be celebrating summer birthdays for the kids in class within the month of May. So since Savanna's birthday is August 22, they were going to celebrate or treat May 22 as her birthday in class. I wanted to do cupcakes so it would be easier to serve. Of course, I am so untalented in the cake or cupcake decorating department so I used a very talented friend to do the work for me. What a good mom (sarcasm). It turned out so great and Savanna loved her cupcake cake!






Oh yeah, I forgot to tell that she lost another front tooth and this time the tooth fairy remembered her. Yay tooth fairy!!

We gave out sunglasses as party favors and got a picture of the kids posing with them on. Of course, Shane wanted to pose with his on too. (below)


Jody has been gone a lot and we were so busy with our spring auction that we felt like we hadn't been spending quality time with the kids, so 2 weeks ago we took them and their cousins (Rody & BreAnna) fishing Saturday morning on Jody's uncle Mark's place. Jody's cousin Sarah stopped by with her boyfriend who helped us out with the kids. We really had a good time.






And finally, on Memorial Day we invited both our families over. We pulled out the water slide from last summer (it's getting a little worn out so this will probably be the last summer for it), cooked hamburgers and hot dogs, ate watermelon and let the kiddos play and play and play. It was great day!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all have been busy. (I think that is normal for you though).

Have a wonderful summer!