Friday, August 21, 2009

Disneyland Finale

I had planned on breaking up the trip into more parts, but at the rate I'm going I might not be through until next year. So I have to decided to get it ALL out of the way so get ready for a lot of pictures. I last left off with our trip to Hollywood and our first day at Disneyland. In hindsight, we are so glad that we went to LA at the beginning of the week because later that week was when Michael Jackson died. When we would watch the footage in our room, you could see the crowds in the places we had been a few days earlier.



At the end of the first day, all the kids had picked out their souvenir hats so we snapped a few shots before we went in the next morning.





As I said before, we would get there at around 7:30 every morning and stand in line for the gates to open. Below is a picture of how crowded it gets before the gates open. With a 3 or 5 day hopper ticket you are allowed one morning to go in one hour early at 7:00 and we chose the next morning to do that.




According to Pam's schedule, we headed straight to the back of the park for the Winnie The Pooh ride. We were the first ones on the ride. No waiting! Yeah!









This was a safari boat ride that was so fun. The boat driver was a hoot. I thought it was a good picture of Penni and Todd.




Then we headed to Toon Town on the train that goes around the park.







Paw Paw and Shane in a Toon car. Shane had to drive, of course.



Where's Waldo, I mean, Jody.




Shane trying to drive Donald Duck's boat. At this point, going in and out these small opening is when I hit my head so hard that I thought I was going to pass out. I didn't, but I definitely had a headache.




These guys are silly!



Savanna loved this little roller coaster. They were able to ride it about 3 times in row because there wasn't a long line. We came back another day to visit Mickey and his house and this line was sooo long.





After you come out of Toon Town, there is a theatre up the hill and there is a wall out front with this huge line. By it is a concession stand and restrooms. We took a break in this area and Jody just had to go see what everyone was waiting for in line. Of course all of the girls knew this is where the princesses were. I took a picture this day but we went back later when the line was shorter. They have 3 princesses there at a time and they rotate them so you never know who will be there. If you look real close you can see Snow White is the first one - she waved at us looking over the hedge. When Pam and her family came 2 summers ago, the princesses were out and about like the other characters but they had to change it up because it got to where so many people would bombard them, so now you have to wait in line to see them - yuck.





Next, we rode the Auto Car ride. This was fun.



Randal and Anna


Penni and Elli Kate.


Jody and Shane (driving of course) He loved it.





At the end of one day, we went over to the California Disney side and got a feel for it. We spent most of our time here on Friday before we drove back up to LA and caught our flight out Saturday afternoon.




The next morning we used our one pass to get in at 7 am instead of at 8 when the park normally opens. We headed straight for the Finding Nemo Submarine ride. The line for it is always long but being one of the first ones in, we didn't have to wait as long. If you are claustrophobic, I don't recommend that you ride this - very close quarters.








Now we have come back to see the princesses. This was a hoot with our large crowd of kiddos.




Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)



O look, she's with her Prince Charming. Ha!


Sorry for the blurry photos. Snow White. Ashlyn was so excited she was there. She is her favorite. I loved the little poses the princesses had.




Next we went over to an island (can't remember the name of it) and the kids had a blast! There were all kinds of caves and look outs for them to climb around on.

Back over at California Disney, they rode some kid friendly rides. The Woody one was the best. And the one where you are flying over California was my all time favorite ride. We rode it twice. If we ever do go back, I would love to spend more time in this park.








Ice cream break - I don't think you can tell but these ice cream sticks were in the shape of Mickey - so cute.



My fireworks pictures didn't turn out to well.





































I have to interject this little story about the face painting. Savanna was just dying to have her face painted when we were at the San Diego Zoo, but it was really expensive and we were able to talk her out of it. But when we were at Disneyland we finally gave in on the last day and let her have her face painted. After Savanna had her face painted (which I thought turned out great), Shane proceeded to have a fit to have his face painted. Let's just say it wasn't within our budget to have paint on Shane's face so Jody had a great idea and asked Shane if he wanted him to draw a football on his face. Below is the picture of the pen drawn football (one lady said it looked like lips, oh well) - Shane thought it was the greatest thing ever. Jody saved the day and kept Shane from having a melt down.



Sorry about the goofy faced Jody. It was the only picture I had of Shane showing off his football.


The front of Mickey's house.




After we went through Mickey's house, you stood in line to meet Mickey. We lucked out and didn't have to wait long.
Then we went on to meet the fairies.
Silvermist & Tinkerbell - yeah!

By the end of the day, Shane was tuckered out. And at this point, I had wished that this stroller was big enough for both of us.


We would definitely love to go back - it was a wonderful trip!

2 comments:

AMY said...

Oh my! I want to go to Disneyland RIGHT NOW! I love the where's Waldo picture. I laughed out loud. That is just like something Mark & I would do. We have to sneak off to lunch again one day. Let me know if you get a day free. We can catch up.

Kim said...

What great pictures! Looks like y'all had a great vacation. Your kids will not ever forget that trip! Can't wait to take Holton when he's older.